Friday, October 2, 2009

TGIF

Wow, how'd that happen? All of a sudden, another week has gone by! It's been a busy one - in the middle of a BIG training block ending this weekend with a race - FINALLY! I am determined to kick this mono in the arse! Yea, I keep waking up from involuntary naps - in parking lots at the super market, working in my kitchen and so on, but the good news is that I'm getting in my training and it's going well.

Last night, I was swimming on a base pace of 1:25 and doing my speed sets on a 1:10-1:15 pace - yeeehaw! Coach Eric and I have backed off the swimming a lot this year. In the scheme of things, I was looking to improve my bike and run even more. Yea, I could swim 5x a week, but we've found swimming 2-3 times a week has kept me at a steady level, with maybe a bit of speed loss, but I'm not worrying about it.

The sun is finally shining, I'm getting to race and I will be 25 next week - Turnin' the tides, y'all!

1 comment:

Erin said...

i was just asking erik yesterday 'when is mandy's birthday, do you remember?' wow, have a fabulous race and celebrate ALL week! love ya!