Friday, March 5, 2010

El Fin de Semana

Remember when you were a kid and you couldn't wait for the weekend? Well, I don't think I grew out of that. True, I work for myself and get to set my own schedule, bring my dog to important meetings and do a 5 hour ride during "business hours", but I still look forward to the weekends.

Weekends mean fun, racing, sleep, wine, and so much more! This weekend will be filled with all of the aforementioned! Tonight is the Stage-1 FusionTHINK GNO (girl's night only/out). Talk tactics, drink wine and celebrate in classic cackling style.

Tomorrow is an early wake-up call for a run with the dog, then I'll be off for a nice long base ride with Chris (pro-roadie extraordinaire) and the Stage-1 girls. After that, Sam and I will hit the pool before a pre-race dinner out w/ my 'rents.

Sunday... drumroll please... is the first race of 2010. And not just one race, but three! I'll be doing a nice long warm-up, then racing the women's race at 10:30. At 1 PM, I'll be racing the men's 3/4 race, after that, the men's Pro 1, 2, 3 race and then a nice transition run with the dog.

Sunday night is bound to be filled with a community dinner at Tarrywile where we'll all recount the pain and pleasure of the first race(s) of the season.

No rest for the wicked (er, not so wicked?!) as Monday brings with it a recovery swim and a long run.

With a weekend like that, it's easy to be excited. This blog is a nice place where I can remind myself to appreciate just how good I've got it!

Disfruten su fin de semana! Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Erin said...

wow girl, you will be busy!! it is times like these that i SO wish i had a pup to run with. give the girl a squeeze for me :) and GOOD LUCK with your races. i hope you a) get some good training in and b) enjoy it!

y tu, que tengas un fantastico fin de semana, tambien!