Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I've loved you so long


the fast women of stage1 / fusionTHINK (Joanne, Me and Siri)

I've been away for far too long, my poor blogger followers! It has been a busy week, but I'm back and feeling great!

Ok, so back to the start of it. A week ago Sunday was the final race of the Bethel Spring Series. I had a great run this year taking 5 top-5 finishes. This put me in 2nd Place Overall for the General Classification, behind a multiple-time National Champion. It was a nice motivation and confidence booster. To make things even better, the Stage 1 girls (all 3 of us) took on the larger teams from New England and NYC to take 2nd in the Team Category - WOOT!

Went home with some extra cash and some nice hardware for our efforts.

Then, last week was crazy week for EndureIT. The 4th running of the Nutmeg State Eco-Friendly Charity 1/2 Marathon, 10k and 5k race had record pre-reg and great attendance despite the rainy weather. Record setting times, great friends and volunteers that came out to support the event. I couldn't be more pleased (or grateful).

With all of that, I was worried about getting in my final push of training before St Croix. This is my 4th year doing this race and it is still the hardest on the circuit! Training has been AWESOME and I'm about 1 lb away from fighting weight. The last 2 weeks, Eric added in some track workouts, for fun and speed. The first week, I was struggling to keep a 6:45 pace. Panting and feeling like I could take a nap instead.

Last week, I hammered out the same workout, but held a 5:50 pace. Confidence is HIGH and I am actually excited to race - this is BIG, since I haven't been excited in a long while.

All week I've been thinking about my race plan, about how fit and ready I am. This is my year. It's official. I took 11th in the biggest one-day race in the Nation a few weeks ago on my bike. My swimming and running are feeling effortless and the body is healthy and happy.

I'm flying my Mom down to St Croix with me as an early Mother's day gift (happy mother's day, Mom - we need to fly out of Newark at 7 AM on Thursday haha).

The weather forecast so far is 87 degrees, 87 degrees and 90's and HUMID for race day. I can't wait. The harder the conditions, the better off I am!

Eric has me keeping some intensity this week - short workouts, but a lot of fun.

I promise to keep y'all updated from here on out!

2 comments:

Mike Russell said...

Those are some great results. Crap you are fast! I am excited to see how the rest of the season goes for you.

Erin said...

glad to hear the event went well! and your 'stats' sound fantastic - i can't believe your race is coming up this soon, wow! good luck!!! :) i can totally hear the excitement through your writing, you go get 'em girl!