Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus... FALL OFF.

Training has been going amazingly well for the past few weeks. Getting in a ton of mileage on all fronts. This past week, I got in a total of about 30 hours of training. 15 of those hours over Fri/Sat/Sunday alone.

There was some great riding with my teammates and a whole bunch of Pro/Cat-1 biker boys... There were some long runs and swims and needless to say, I woke up yesterday in all kinds of a funk. I'm a happy, chipper person. Not yesterday. Yesterday, I was irrationally angry and then immediately sad. I then started craving McDonald's french fries. I have not eaten McD's french fries in well over a decade. It was then, I knew it was time to shut things down for not just a recovery workout, but a full-on recovery DAY.

Luna and I sunbathed on the roof for a few hours and after a girl's night, I'm feeling like my normal self!

Today I have 3 wonderful workouts on the plan. This weekend is bound to be a good one... Battenkill-Roubaix on Saturday (a 62-mile, brutally hard dirt/road race) and then 2 back-to-back criterium races on Sunday. WOOHOO!

1 comment:

Erin said...

i'm glad for you that you took a day for yourself - much needed it seems! and i'm SO wishing i was part of that girl's night. :) miss you much, dear! xoxo