Monday, April 27, 2009

I Hate Cancer

I apologize for the departure here, but I just found out that a dog I loved and lived with for 5 years has passed away. Her name was Union, a smiling, beautiful dog with a shiny black coat and a heart full of love. She had spirit and was the number one motivator for a run (and especially a swim) even on a freezing cold day.

Many a nap were taken with Union, walks all over Block Island and various cities. She was always up for an adventure and she taught Luna, my Great Dane how to swim in Andy's Way out on Block Island early last Summer.

She battled Cancer in the past and it was known that it had more than likely spread, but no one can ever prepare for the loss. When my situation changed last year, it meant leaving Union behind. I still remember the last time I saw that smiling face, rubbed her belly gleefully and sang to her "I love you my U-U girl". She was loved by many (and many strangers when she'd go exploring) and undoubtedly she knew all of this.

To all mourning her, my condolences and deepest sympathies and to all that have gone through a loss of any kind, my thoughts are with you as well.

No comments: