Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Musings

1. No one like paying or doing taxes, not even Accountants. They are a lot of work, but when I see cool rails-to-trails projects or town parks, it makes paying them worthwhile.

2. Running on the railroad tracks is like doing strides all the time.

3. Lover's Leap State Park is really filled with lots of lovers... really more high school students in cars making out... It's actually kinda cute!

4. It's fun to celebrate holidays with people of a different religion. Last week, my family celebrated Passover - we had a few non-Jewish guests and it was fantastic. A great way to share and really embrace the holiday where you open your doors and welcome people into your life - to renew your faith in God and humankind. Easter is very similar in many ways - A holiday filled with hope and happiness. Though for the Christians, their Messiah has already returned, there is no lack of joy and remembrance. I had the pleasure of celebrating with Sam's family up in Vermont and it was a blast.

5. Eating is important. Drinking water will not sustain you. Neither will a protein shake. I found that out tonight when I passed out during my brides-maid dress fitting. Ooops.

6. Good friends are always friends, no matter time or distance or circumstance.

7. The right high heel can make anyone look better.

8. Carbon bikes really are more comfortable.

9. Italian is not hard to learn...especially if you know another Romance language and like pasta.

10. Battenkill-Roubaix is in 5 days and I hope my super-stealth dirt-road riding has payed off!

No comments: