Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Juice Me!

"Posing. Posing with my leg. Posing. Posing a threat!" - Flight of the Concords

Why yes, those are 3D glasses. Thank you for noticing!

A few weeks ago I put on a fundraiser for the Steep Rock Association in Washington, CT

Before the race, I bought a traditional post-race food item: Cookies. I'm a cookie purist - it's all choco-chip, all the time for my people (yes, even on Passover we do choco-chip macaroons).

As I wheeled my overflowing cart of cookies towards the register, a woman stopped me and said, "girl, you must really like you some cookies!?"

"Yes," I replied, "I'm on a cookie diet and it's working great, don't you think?"

The conversation went on, but it stunned me that the woman didn't catch my facetious tone...in fact, she believed me!

Well, she believed me for good reason, apparently. A cookie diet is not so far from my lifestyle over the off season. Yes, I am admitting it:

Hello, my name is Mandy and I'm an addict. I first started eating cookies 24 years ago.

It's been a day since my last indiscretion and I'm ready to change.

Sadly, there are no yummy cookie tokens for resisting the sweet-temptations.

There is, however, a juice-fast diet option to break me of my bad habits in 3 days. Purge my body of that oh-so-evil sugar craving that is the real root cause of my addiction to cookies.

This by no means is a weight-loss technique, although that is sure to happen as a side effect. This is a pre-new years bad-habit break.

You all know what comes after the New Year...(cue scary music)...the CLEANSE DIET! Now, that is 2 weeks of super strict habit breaking.

So, since I'm starting to train the rest of me, it's time to start training the mind and well, for lack of a better word, my diet.

3 days of home-made juices:

Orange/Grapefruit, The Green Monster, Lemonade and Cashew/Almond Milk. Can't wait (and believe me, that's not sarcasm - it's pure, unbridled enthusiasm!).

5 comments:

Erin said...

that photo is priceless, love it! :) i want to hear more about the juice cleanse...i need some of that right about now, before the holidays, since you and i obviously share a common addiction. bad. reaaaal bad. :)

Mike Russell said...

Stick with the cookies...we all have our secret methods. Me I love the M&M's and leave those for my indulgence!

MandyB said...

Erin -

I'll forward on the plan to you! Can't wait to see you!!!

Mike - I WISH I could keep them as an indulgence - I def. need to learn moderation :)

allyson said...

I am interested in the 3 day juice and cleanse diet. Could you email me the details? ajann0924@hotmail.com

rUntoNamAste said...

me three, por favor!
runtonamaste at gmail dot com