Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Inspiration

After a day off from workouts on Monday and a bit of indulgence in champagne and chocolate, it was back to work. Tuesday brought two workouts - a steady longer run and a fun drill-swim!

Coach Eric

has created some fun workouts and yesterday's was a set of repeats: 150 swim steady, 100 pull, 50 kick, 2 x 50 fast on 1 minute. It was fun, it moved and I felt strong and happy throughout.

It's been a big help having company recently. As cyclist Sam gets ready for his first 1/2 Iron, I've gained a new training partner! Between having something nice to look at while swimming, it hasn't hurt that he is super positive and hard working. I tend to be a stickler during workouts. I'm exact o n my rest and on my sets. I don't like chit-chatting or interruptions and Sam gets this. I think he'll have a great race this Spring!

Beyond Sam, the athletes I'm working with are doing fantastically well - showing commitment, motivation and a positive attitude. These ladies are on the right path to achieve their goals. It's helpful in getting myself out the door, knowing I'm expecting the same of others. Lead by example, right?

With that, it's time to fill the tires... workout 1 of the day awaits!

No comments: