Thursday, March 5, 2009

Involuntary Naps

They happen. I've been home for almost a week and hit the ground running with work, workouts and fun. Yesterday, all of that caught up with me.

I was supposed to run and swim - wanting to combine the two, I planned to do both at the gym. At 4:30 I pulled into the parking lot and closed my eyes to get "psyched up" and prepare myself for the gym environment.

2 hours later, I was startled by a car horn beeping next to mine. The sky was dark and I looked at my watch, astounded that I had fallen asleep for hours. By that time, I was just about late for the dog and Sam (who I promised to make a nice dinner for!).

I emailed coach Eric and told him about my involuntary day off. Sometimes you can't be angry at yourself or upset. My body was trying to tell me repeatedly that I was exhausted and it finally just shut things down yesterday.

Today is sunny and beautiful - I have workouts and work to do, but will escape those things for a little while and go to the horse farm. My horse West has been injured (well, on the mend, I should say) for over a year and a half now. I just got the clear to start "tack walking" him - meaning I can tack him up and just walk around on his back - nothing else. This is some of the greatest news I've ever gotten and I can't wait to get back on the horse (and my pony, Cass!) today. Nothing makes me feel better (well, maybe not nothing) than connecting with my horses.

Hope you all can "re-connect" with the things and people you love today!

No comments: