Sunday, July 26, 2009

Quick update

Well, not the day I had planned. Was running well despite some
throwing up. At mile 16 I collapsed and lost consciousness (this is
what I was told). I had a major asthma attack and my heart stopped.
CPR was unsuccessful and medics had to shock me. I'm home now and
feeling ok, but a bit sore in the chest and ribs from the CPR beating.
Dissapointed and scared, but I'm sure everything will be fine. Medical
tests are on the menu for this week and then trying to get into
another ironman.

Many thanks to my mom and Sam as well as all friends out there today.
As I've been reminded many times today, there will always be another
race to do and to rock... And placid, don't worry, I'll be back next
year and I'll win. Count on it.
Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow. That is REALLY scary! Glad to hear that you are okay. Definitely get some tests done before racing again, to avoid having it happen again.

Philip LaVoie said...

oh no! i hope all is ok and that you feel better soon!

Danger Dodger said...

Already excited to see you up there next year...plus I have to sign up for my bid at 2011...hehe.