Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Space Between

It's always a strange adjustment, right after Ironman. I'm never really sure what to do with myself. In this instance, my usual catch-up time has been replaced with doctor's visits galore. Exhaustion combined with a ban on caffeine has me feeling a bit sleepy, but I've been pretty productive nonetheless!

Last night Sam and I had a mid-week date night. We headed to Adrienne's restaurant in New Milford for a wine tasting dinner. It was a lot of fun and we met some great people...not to mention tried some nice wines! It was a blast, but it's back to the grind soon...

I officially pulled the trigger and got myself into Ironman Florida this Fall. Once these tests are done (a Halter test tomorrow for the Sandy Beach Tri) and an Echo Cardiogram on Monday, I should be good to go again... it will be a New Year's in July (or, well, August at that point) as I said to Eric this morning. I'm going to make 2009 a great year again!

Going out for an easy spin today and with that, so begins Ironman training again!

No comments: