Monday, July 13, 2009

Welcome back.

Wowzas, I didn't realize I had taken such a long hiatus from blogging! Life is good, it's been a busy time and it's only getting busier.

Yesterday, on a ride with the Sam-boy, I realized that Placid is 2 weeks away. There is something about not having done an Ironman before that makes it easier. Once you've done one (or several) you know what it takes. You know just how much it hurts. Excitement can give way to pure, unrestrained fear.

The plan? Use any and all energy and put it towards a positive and successful race.

A big part of the excitement is the fact that Ironman Lake Placid holds a special place in my heart. It was my first Ironman years ago and this will be my 4th go-round at this particular IM. It is a brutal course, usually combined with equally-brutal weather. It is also a reunion of sorts as I get to see many friends and sponsors all in one place. Beyond that, Placid is an awesome town. It's all sport, all the time.

Yeehaw!!

No comments: