Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oh Happy Day

"Don't let the past remind you of what you are not now. I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are." - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Goodness, here I have these good intentions to keep you all updated, and I haven't blogged since Sunday! Things are great - LOVING this heat, despite all the heat-haters. Believe me, all I have to think of is a single moment in -5 degree weather, 3 feet of snow and I'm praising the heat! It's not all that bad, neither is the humidity. Makes you tough and makes you learn how to dress and hydrate.

I'm still on training parole - keeping the heart rate below 145 - and it's a challenge! Today I walked up a hill (granted, it was 22 percent grade for those 500 feet), but it's the first time I've walked during a run in years. I tried to remind myself this is fine for right now - keeping things easy and just staying active.

Sam and the boys are gearing up for an Olympic distance tri this Sunday and I'm bummed that I'll be on the sidelines... especially since I've vowed for a re-match against the boy!

Tonight we celebrate though - we celebrate eachother and today's milestone!

Open water swim, hot run and now... champagne! I am so blessed to have a partner that is not only my love, but my friend, my family, a part of me.

No comments: