Friday, August 14, 2009

One Beastie I Be

Unlike Mike D, I'm not "all alone with nobody" - in fact it's the exact opposite! Busy times and thankfully (for my wallet) I'm in demand with a bunch of local artists and new sponsors!

Lots of exciting things happening in planning the Winter training camp, so stay tuned as we'll have the grand unveiling shortly! The camp is pretty much full, but we'll have a spot for 1-2 more couples.

I got a few emails from people saying, "Don't race, don't train, just get better." Fear not, I'm doing just fine and as for "getting better" I'm fit and healthy, I just have a funky heart. Mind you, I was doing fine before I even found out about this medical condition... Gosh, I feel ridiculous saying that. I think things are only limiters if we allow ourselves to believe they are limiters. Mind over matter and all that jazz. I'm seeing a new Cardiologist next week that is a crazy bike racer, so we will figure out the best course of action with these leaky heart valves. Until then, I'm keeping my heart rate low and enjoying the scenery (because I'm going so slowly, I have time for it!). Hoping to get the clear to race the crit and Olympic tri next weekend.

Keeping the attitude positive and just truckin' along - there's too much to be done with the business and just life in general (I seriously don't know how people manage children and spouses- I can barely handle myself). Trying not to give myself palpitations (B/c apparently that's bad). As the hospital tech said to me, "People wonder all the time how they'll die - you pretty much know how you're going to go eventually". Super and VERY uplifting!

In the meantime, I'm enjoying saying to Sam every time he teases me "Do you want that to be the last thing I hear before I keel over?" - It makes me laugh and it makes him mad, so it's a win-win HAH!

No comments: