Thursday, August 27, 2009

When Life Gives you Lyme(s), make... Margaritas?

No, technically* it's not funny, but it kinda is... seems tests have come back and I tested positive for Lyme disease and Ehrlichia. Yay. Docs think that compounded the other things going on to make me feel so poo-ey the last few months. Just been tired all the time and not functioning, racing or training like myself at all.

Now that I'm on meds, I'm hoping to be feeling tip top in a few days and get back to what this blog is about... training and racing!!

Since I have been training, albeit super, super easy, here are some observations about life recently:

1. Keeping your HR low on a hill sometimes means having to walk or death shuffle. Other times, you will think you are running well and the dog will be walking as you huff and puff away.

2. Running in 90 degree heat with no humidity feels great!

3. Construction guys are always creepy and no one likes to be cat-called. I've now taken to reminding them that they wake me up at 5:30 every morning. And I might use a bad word or two. Hey, I need something to atone for on Yom Kippur!

4. A lot of people think I'm crazy w/ Ironman and all, but my friend Kate is SUPER crazy. (good luck and I hope you kick all those pro-lady butts at IMLOU this weekend!). She is beyond vegan, well, beyond anything I know. Ultramarathoner champion multiple times over.. she lives on Bananas and the occasional nut. Literally, like 10 bananas a day.

5. Wednesday night, post bike race is made for Mexican meals - SO good after a hard race!

6. Dexter re-runs are not good for treating insomnia.

7. Having new Sponsors vying for my promotions and sending lots of cool stuff? Awesome!

8. Looking into MBA programs with the boyfriend - super cool.

9. If you aren't feeling like yourself and are sleeping for 3 hours instead of that nice little 30 minute nap you plan, go get tested for Lyme. It's evil... evil I tell you!

10. Planning kick-ass Italian escapes is one of the most fun activities ever!

No comments: