Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandma and L'Shanah Tovah!

Happy New Year all my fellow "Chosen People" and to my Grandmother who turns 92 today. I told her I think it's a good omen to have your birthday on the New Year when we inscribe ourselves in the book of life for another year.

I look forward to this new start, to enjoying some apples and honey to toast the sweetness of a new year and a new beginning. To celebrate and find comfort in the rituals of my religion (despite my more spiritual nature) is important and the whole experience is heightened by the fact I am surrounded by (multiple generations of) family, friends and this weekend, many athletes!

This weekend is a wild ride with the 1/2 Iron the culmination on Sunday. The race is better this year than any other year with great sponsors, talented athletes and the low-key vibe I strive for!

Until Monday.... L'shanah Tovah - Happy New Year!

No comments: