Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Race site, post cleanup

Beautiful Lake Zoar at Kettletown Park. Just before Sunset yesterday.


So, a few days ago I visited our 1/2 Iron race site. P.s. Still time to reg for the 1/2 Iron Individual, Aqua-bike and Relay divisions on Sept 20th. Visit www.endureitmultisports.com for more info!


I went for a swim at the park, that was packed, I think in large part due to stay-cation craziness! The water was perfect - clear and beautiful, but I did see a few weeds. I decided to be pro-active and before any of those buggers even made it close to surface level, I wanted to nip them in the bud. Yesterday, Mother extraordinaire and Corinne (friend extraoridnaire) hopped in kayaks, grabbed some garden tools and we spent hours pulling out any and every week we could see. A lot of fun and very satisfying work. What a way to spend a day off!!


Lots doin' this week - another Eric Hodska set of DVD shoots this week - can someone say starting a cleanse diet again so I look good on camera?!


You know it's Fall when Texas Hold 'em games start up again - many of the C-dale crew ship off to Germany for Eurobike and the Eaglemans have made their way back to Switzerland.


I finished another book (I'll post a full list here on all my summer reading) yesterday - David Sedaris' "Barrel Fever". So great. I'm hoping to snag tickets to see him in October here in CT.


In other news -huge congrats to Victoria on her kickass race at Canada, Michael Seiler - an Ironman, officially! and to Kate who took 4th in the female pros at IMLou. You all are awesome!!


I had another solid weekend of training - with a nice 4 hour ride and brick, and a long run on Saturday followed by a swim. Today it's back to the grind and tomorrow, I get to race!! I'm on my way to the hospital early to get hooked up to the Halter monitor and I've been instructed to "go as hard as possible". Wohoo!!!!

No comments: