Friday, September 25, 2009

Walkin' the Walk

"Have faith in you and the things you do" - From the disco classic ' We are Family' (yes, I listen to disco and every other type of music! What of it?!)

It has been a super few days for training. I'm still combating paperwork from the 1/2 Iron on the 20th, but looking forward to the next plans for this season. IMFL, The Turkey Trot and Italy!

Training has been great - a few solid swims, runs and bikes. Finally ramping up the intensity a bit, which feels GREAT!

Wednesday I made my way to Dr. Chris Dembski for some ART torture, I mean work. Hurts like hell while he's working, but I feel amazing once it's over. That afternoon brought a beautiful and hilly tempo ride around my quiet local, foliage-filled roads, followed by a sweet muscle strength swim... I LOVE paddles. Nothing makes me feel stronger, meaner or leaner in the pool than paddles. They force you to correct your stroke and are a real strength-building tool. Go get some. It didn't hurt that I had a cute boy swimming next to me and that I got to take him home afterwards!

Thursday brought an open water swim - my first with a wetsuit this season. All these chilly nights have made the lake positively brisk. Lovely, but brisk. It was the first time I've ever felt that tight chest, gasping for breath sensation. It went away after a few strokes and I had a super swim accompanied by my kayaking-fiend of a Mother.

After a family ride on the horses, I pulled on my zoots and hit the pavement for a fun run. 30 Min. steady warm up, 20 min. pick-up and 10 min. cool down. I love running - it's so efficient and yesterday I just floated through the workout.

Today is a nice base ride and swim leading into a big weekend of bricks and possibly another point-to-point run! Woot!

Sunday I'll be volunteering at the 10k race in Southbury, come out an run or just support this great local event!

Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments: