Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thoughts and prayers

Today's post was going to be very different, but I wanted to keep you all updated. Today in India there were a number of bombings and specifically, attacks on Americans. American frequented hotels were bombed as were local police stations in what NPR is calling a distinctly plotted attack.

One of the hotels that was bombed was by the Taj Majal - the hotel my sister and her boyfriend have been staying in. We have been unable to reach them or the hotel and the US Embassy has not identified any of the 200 + dead and injured. There is also no information on hostages. Right now my family is waiting, because that's all we can do until the Embassy compiles a list.

Trying to stay positive and hold it together and I will update you all as soon as I find out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy - Just wanted to let you know Alex and I are thinking of you and hope your sister and her boyfriend are okay. - Ashley

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Mandy. All the Bulls are sending our thoughts and hope that everyone is okay and you hear back soon.

Holden said...

Mandy - The Seiler household is sending all the positivity your way. Power to the peaceful!

We love you.

mbs

miastella said...

Mandy...you and your family are in our thoughts. I can't imagine what you are going through.

Erin said...

hey mandy, i'm praying for you, your family and your sister. i have been listening to the coverage and can not believe she is over there. i hope she finds her way to a phone soon and puts you at ease...