Monday, June 15, 2009

Crazy Town

"I was coming down the mountain" - Jane's Addiction

Well, coming down and then climbing another. With Greg, that is. On Saturday. After an hour and fifteen minutes of yoga and meditation with Doug Greene.

This past week has been intense - lots of training following Rev-3 and lots of prep for this Friday's 9th Running of the Lake Waramaug Sprint Tri. As you saw in the pictures, the eco-friendly, recycled and compostable water bottles have arrived (with vegetable dye print!) as well as the organic t-shirts and other goodies from sponsors. Everyone has really stepped up their game this year and we are more excited than ever for Friday night!!

Always in need of volunteers if any of y'all are free! Day before, day after or day of, I'm happy for any and all help!

So, back to the weekend. Long story short, Greg pulled my sorry corpse all over CT, NY and MA - "let's set it at 20" he said and I don't think I even grunted a response, I just hooked onto his rear wheel and prayed for the pain to end. Now, usually I can block this out - acknowledge the discomfort, know that it will pass and move on. Saturday, it didn't move on. It didn't pass. The legs felt heavy and my heart rate was sticky. Climbing up the murderous alternate to Rte 45, Greg advised me, "Don't cry when you see this first pitch". Maybe I would have cried an hour before that, but I had nothing left. I put it in the easiest gear, pushed my butt back on the saddle and climbed. And Climbed. And climbed.

Greg looked at me and laughed. "You're overreached" he said. Yup, perfect term. My little adventure at the beggining of our ride (the team time trial up to Litchfield, then the silly antics with the boys)took their toll. "Don't do your run" he cautioned. But somehow I thought I'd feel better if I did run.

Strapped on the sweet new zoots and headed out of the beach - up the old Waramaug run course and back down to the beach to complete the epic day. Truth be told, I did feel better after the run, but my ego was still suffering from the ride. Candy and Soda stops are pretty rare for me and on this ride, I took 2.

In happy news, I weighed myself today and I've lost 10 lbs since Wednesday on the Cleanse diet round2. It's good news and I'm feeling great, though my sunken eyes are a certain sign that my iron levels are low... brocolli, here I come!!

No comments: