Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day, Sam!

"I've been crazy for you since the day we met..." - The Veronicas

I can't help but love Valentine's day and what's better than waking up to the one you love. What's better? That same lovely person making breakfast...and cleaning up after breakfast as you lazily sip tea (that he has made and served you) while listening to NPR and reading the New York Times Magazine and Sunday Styles Section.

Yes, if I were to believe in heaven, this would be it. I'm blessed with Sam's love, support and devotion every day: His warm smile and comforting embrace.

There's a quote from Marilyn Monroe where she says something to the effect of, "If you can't handle me at my worst, you certainly don't deserve me at my best." - Of course, I'm more of a Mae West girl, myself. "When I'm good, I'm very good. When I'm bad, I'm better."

During my long run today, I couldn't help but reminisce on what has become my new "normal". And I put that in quotes because it is so far from being average or normal. Sam was there for me before I knew I needed him. He was there for the most hellish period of my life and he has been there for what I believe are some of the best moments of my life. Whatever I give back to him is a pittance compared to what he has given me.

So this is what love's supposed to be, eh? I'm counting my blessings and I'm sure you can guess which one I'm celebrating today!

Happy Valentine's Day, Sam. I love you a bushel and a peck... plus many pecks!





1 comment:

Erin said...

LOVE IT! you are a lucky girl, my friend (erik and i couldn't be happier for you two) and i think the photo's statement says it all, ha! happy valentine's day to you both. <3