Monday, February 1, 2010

Belgium-Fest

(Makin' da yummy food)
Belgian Fest was in full-effect on Sunday as the Cannondale crew prepared to watch Timmy Johnson and J. Driscoll (and a few Belgians) race the Cross World Championships. We crowded into the Tarrywile (aka Mantown) and got to work!

Home-made Belgian Waffles (and homemade Belgian brew), whipped cream, blueberry compote, syrup, brownies, homemade frittes w/ sauces, Belgian stew and lots and lots of Belgian Ales.

The race was epic to watch and I cannot wait for 2013 when the World Championships comes Stateside!

It was a wild weekend - birthday parties, charity events, a Uconn basketball game and SO much good cheer... oh yea, and some GREAT training!

This whole "keeping the balance" thing is working for me (so far). Lots and lots of running with swims, bikes and strength fun peppered in makes for a good base-building season!

I also just found a long-lost friend who is now a Dr. living in Oahu... I told him I'm going to be back to the big Island to see him this Fall and I don't break my promises.



(Super-Friend Murray perfects the art of making Belgian waffle batter while drinking Belgian Beer)

1 comment:

Erin said...

looks like SO much fun! we miss the crew so very much and are so glad you are enjoying eachother's company! :) and, oh, eat a waffle for me, mmmmmm!