Friday, January 2, 2009

Making Resolutions all Year Long

2009 will be a good year. It is already off to a great start. New Year's Eve brought snowy weather, but that didn't stop 60 people from descending on my new home to celebrate the New Year's coming! Old friends and new came together and many new friendships were born in the process.

I left a book out at the party, asking people to write their New Year's Resolutions - they were everything from the hysterical to the poignant:

"I will have more sex with my wife"
" I will actually stick to that diet instead of telling people I am...then eating brownies"

I asked people to leave them anonymous and it was a fun experiment.

Food and drink was aplenty and at about a minute until the New Year, we turned on the TV to do the countdown and watch the ball drop. I got to ring in the New Year in a spectacular and special way - surrounded by those I love!

New Year's Day the overnight guests of the Booth House feasted on yummy blueberry pancakes and reminisced about the party. A day later and we're all still in recovery mode, but with a bike and a run on the schedule, it's up and at 'em.

Sunday is the start of the infamous Eric Hodska "Cleanse" diet. 2 weeks of breaking bad habits. I've roped Sam into doing it. Might be payback for his beating me at Texas Hold 'Em last week. Just sayin'.

Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments: