Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Keeping the Balance

It is a wild time, but isn't every time a wild one? Here in CT, the leaves are out, the flowers in full bloom and weddings everywhere you look. One of those weddings happens to be in my family! This Saturday, my big sister will be married. She is the first child, grandchild, niece, etc. in my family to get married, so EVERYONE is coming into town for it.

On top of wedding excitement, this Friday is Sam's bday! We will be going from the rehearsal to the rehearsal dinner to the Tarrywile birthday event... all the night before the wedding. Can't wait!

Life stuff is fun - events like that are fun, bills and work stress, less so, but thank goodness for being a long-course athlete. I get a slew of workouts to banish my stress. Training has been awesome, I've felt fluid and strong and confident - it will be a lot of fun to finally race a tri this year after all of this bike racing! Sadly, I'll be missing the Ridgefield tri this year, but good luck, Evan!!

I thought I'd share on of my favorite swim workouts from coach Eric:

500 repeats, broken down as:

100 steady, 100 pull, 100 kick with fins and board, 100 kick on back no board, 100 FAST then rest :30 seconds.

This workout just flies by and is a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those 500's sound so much more fun than the plain ole' 500's I usually resort to doing! I will try that set next swim! Have a great week...you have lot's of fun on the agenda. marcia

Erin said...

woo hoo the wedding is already here. that went fast! i hope you guys have a ton of fun both friday evening (sniff sniff) and saturday. funny thing, both erik and i were the 'first' on both sides of our families, as well - makes for a big, fun, did i say big? event! enjoy every second. miss you, girl!!