Thursday, May 28, 2009

Re-Arrange

I'm not sure why, but I'm always on a quest for "cozy". I like to find what's comfortable, what works. Not just in my home, but in my training. Coach Eric has been awesome at helping me to find my "cozy". We change up workouts, find what I respond to best and so far, I've had a number of amazing workouts that leave me feeling confident, motivated...and tired.

At home, it takes a bit more coaxing. Sam aka Danny Tanner, is into neatness. Now, I'm all about cleanliness, but take one look at my computer space and you can instantly tell that I'm a non-linear thinker. My mom used to say it was because I'm a Libra - the scales. I'm a walking contradiction. I love balance and order, but to achieve that, I need to make a mess first.

My home is constantly changing. I set things up and then want to move them again. Poor Sam, I'm always asking him where the bed should go or where I should hang something. Once it's right, I leave it, but until then, I fidget.

I'm always inspired by my friends. Erin and Erik, now living in Switzerland, made a house into a home in Danbury. Their house was perfect - eclectic and modern. Utilitarian and stylish - I LOVED it. Not to mention, they made a downstairs closet into a bathroom - something I'm trying to figure out how to do...

Aiding in the outdoor decor department, my buddies over at Homeward Bound sent over a sweet outdoor table and chair set that I've fallen in love with. 2 pink chairs, 2 lime green and a black bistro table. I'll post pictures later, but it will be perfect for some roof parties!! Little by little, the house is coming together (yes, I know I've lived here since November) and I can't wait to post pics on that too!

Tonight I'll get to share the evening with my ultimate "cozy-maker/bringer" - Sam. His birthday is tomorrow, but we are celebrating, just the two of us, tonight. I'm sure you can guess what tomorrow's post will be about!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

awww shucks, missy - thanks so much! i'm really glad that you found our house so 'perfect', you have no idea how much that means to me! i love making a space into my own, making a house into my (our) home, so i totally understand where you're coming from. having a home where everyone feels welcome and comfortable is so important - achieving that while at the same time making it look good is a bonus!! i'm working through the same thing - again - here in switzerland at this very moment. i do want you to know that i absolutely LOVE your place, your style and your choice for layout / decor. you have great taste! but, isn't it fun to sit back, relax and say 'try it over there'...'no, that's not right, try it there'...'no, what about over there'...and just enjoy the 'cute' scenery of your man moving the furniture. lol! love it! oh, and i can't wait to see your new furniture. how fun!!
xoxo