Monday, May 11, 2009

Words to Live By

I like mantras. I like having a positive outlook. And I like some of the following quotes, lyrics and statements from friends, famous people I'd like to have as friends or dead people who were just smart and witty...

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." -Mitch Albom


"If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." - My Grandmother (and Mother)

"Some people have brains." - from a sentence I wrote in 1st grade using the vocabulary word "brains" - the teacher called my Mother after reading that.

"Count yourself incredibly blessed if you can count your true friends on one hand." - My Grandmother

"You've gotta have heart." - Damn Yankees

"The mouth is for eating, the nose is for breathing." - My Yoga/Meditation instructor

"I think you just scared all the patients out of my waiting room" - My doctor last week after re-setting my knee

"Don't let your dreams be dreams, this living isn't as hard as it seems." - Jack Johnson

"Every little thing is gonna be alright." - Bob Marley

"Consider yourself" - Oliver

ok, enough of the song lyrics, I promise!

"I pledge
My head to clearer thinking,
My heart to greater loyalty,
My hands to larger service, and
My health to better living,
For my club, my community, my country, my world...and my horse" - well, we added that last part at 4-H horse camp... and got yelled at every morning for it.

"Oh the places you'll go... this one is too long to type - Dr. Seuss

"All you need is love" - The Beatles

To Be Continued... But just a few that have been on my mind

Chin up, y'all!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

love these quotes! you know, you had it right in first grade—some people do have brains. lol

:)

MandyB said...

Awww - I miss you much, Erin!!!

Jamie said...

One of my favorite quotes lately is "The most important thing, is remembering the most important thing."

MandyB said...

Haha - Yes, very true! Reminds me of a Yogi Bear-ism