Thursday, January 7, 2010

As Time Goes By

I'm never really sure how it happens - I was sure I blogged yesterday, but no - that fell by the way side.

It was a busy day and I had a rather exciting meeting followed by a lovely spin and yoga session and even a ride on the pony.

In any event - it's now day 4 of the cleanse. I've dropped 6 pounds since Sunday. I think it's salt weight. Feeling fantastic. My skin is glowing - maybe it's the diet - maybe it's the kick-A$$ "Make-up Optional" Skincare set I got from Philosophy. This stuff is AMAZING. I wonder if they'd consider sponsoring a triathlete.......

The past few days have, sadly, included a lot of driving. Today is was for my daily mitzvah - well, really, it was the least I could do for my fantastic Mother that drags my corpse home from every Ironman. Today she had to go in for her first colonoscopy. The prep was pretty brutal for her, but the procedure was a breeze and it's the first time she's napped since we were in Florida.

It's funny when you realize your parents rely on you just as much as you on them. My mother kept thanking me - but I reminded her that I owe her... she did make me! We had a nice visit since the doctor was running an hour or so late. I've said it before and I'll say it again - my mother is the only person I can spend non-stop time with (even stressful time) and still want to spend more. We're cut from the same cloth and I'm ever so grateful.

Of course, the doctor running late meant I was in the lurch at lunch time.

The Cleanse works - the cleanse works if you follow it exactly - I'm lucky to be getting in some extra protein this round, but I haven't found myself hungry or unhappy yet. Today, I could feel myself fading a bit as 12 PM came and went. 2 pm grew near and it was all I could do to find FOOD! I found a pasta place - it was either iceberg lettuce (w/0 dressing b/c all they had were creamy flavors) or pasta w/ red sauce. I went for the pasta even though it was not whole wheat (Sorry, Coach!) and it was just what I needed. Crisis averted.

Onward to day 5 and more exciting plans!!!

No comments: