Monday, January 11, 2010

Mo Mo

"Memories and fingerprints, the only things we leave behind" - Pearl Jam

Today Coach E and I sat down to talk about 2010, 2009, New prospects and rehash the last year a bit. Eric is a great listener - something I truly value. I'm a "think out loud" kind-of-person and although I believe myself to be thoughtful in my choice of words, I tend to talk and talk until I hit the right mark.

I've done a lot of reflecting on the past year and what I plan 2010 to be (maybe it's the extra yoga?!). I was not fresh in 2009. I was worn down in a variety of ways and not only was I not enjoying my training, I was not in the mood to race. My heart wasn't in it.

That all changed at Ironman Florida. No, it wasn't my fastest Ironman ever and certainly far from a perfect race, but it was my most positive race. I was happy the whole lead up into it (despite my upper respiratory infection the day before) and I was happy the whole race itself.

Ironman Florida was the turning point - My heart and mind finally clicked and since then, I've been more motivated than ever to get back in the game.

My life outside of training has been especially fulfilling and I'm finding that balance I always desired. Healthy relationships with my family, friends and boyfriend. A healthy social life. A healthy business and more avenues for adventure and growth than I could possible explore!

This year, I'm putting my goals back out there. I'm holding myself accountable to sustain this positivity, this balance that I've struck. I am going back to Kona in October and I'm not going to let myself or anyone else get in my way. Last year, I didn't want to go. Now, I'm ready and I've learned from the mistakes I made leading into the 2008 race.

Laying out the racing schedule with this goal in mind is exhilarating.

The next few months are still building base, then adding in a run speed focus. Combine that with a few more group workouts and I know I can achieve it!

The Cleanse is coming along well - 1 week down and 1 week to go! I've lost 7 lbs, but would like to lose another 3-7 lbs before the end of this.

Tomorrow I'll fill you all in on my long and short term goal setting....

YAY!

No comments: