Monday, January 4, 2010

And so it begins...

Day 1 of The Cleanse. It's here and I couldn't be more motivated to get going. Yesterday, Sam, the boys and I had an indulgence day. We slept in - made a BIG breakfast, watched an episode of Alias (the best show ever) and then went for a 2+ hour hike. A few sled runs topped off the exercise portion of the day and we headed inside for snacks and an afternoon nap.

Knowing this diet was about to begin, Sam and I (against good advice) made some decadent choices - I made a chocolate mousse cake with dark chocolate crust (also known as the Chocolate Indulgence Cake). With 5 boys all over 6 feet tall in the house, I thankfully only ate 1 piece of cake. All of this followed up with some Thai Food for dinner (and wine.... a few glasses of wine) and you can definitely say I was ready to get on the Cleanse Diet wagon.

So where am I right now - I've finally gotten over this nasty bug that those C-dale Engineers brought home from Taiwan (getting all of us girlfriends, wives and coworkers sick, sick, SICK!). My athletic suspension ends today (thanks, coach!)...And I'm happy to get going. 2010 is off to a great start with new sponsors and endless possibility. As is par for the course, I'm about 10 lbs above "race weight" - which, NO, I do not maintain year round and I do not encourage anyone to try and maintain their fighting weight all year long.

Maybe it's because it's just day 1 - but I'm going into this Cleanse ready, willing and able.

My goal for these 2 weeks? No complaining. No whining. I always love the way I feel by the end of this (I did it twice last year) and that's what I need to keep in mind. I'm doing this because I choose to (well, at least that's what Eric wants me to think).

2 comments:

rUntoNamAste said...

I wish I indulged like you did last night but was too lazy to make any of those delicious treats. I did however prep my cleanse meals and started the cleanse today! I'm actually surprised at how well I'm holding up. Good luck chica and thanks again for the connection ;)

Mike Russell said...

I love heavy weeks after a break. The feeling of just going all out after a down period, even for injury, is like heaven for me. I am excited to see how it goes!