Monday, January 18, 2010

The Polar Plunge ... In Pictures


So, on Saturday I jumped in 36 degree water to help Eric raise funds for families in need. You can find out more about The Plunge on his website.

We had a big group, as you can see!

Moments before the plunge, I started taking off layers... oooh didlee, it was cold!
Off and running!
Almost in, preparing to dive...
A dunk under and we're OUT!
It didn't feel so bad to me, but the guys around me were howling in pain!
Yum, salt! That's Mr. Alan MacDougal there in the yellow cap. Also, notice the only person going in as we're coming out... that's Eric.
Begging Sam for a towel!
That's better...
A happy pony.
Enjoying the sun and sea...and warming up on the rocks.
Luna didn't plunge all the way, but did manage to cover the car in sand.

4 comments:

Mike Russell said...

That is just plain nuts! Tell me you are not fighting a cold at this point!

MandyB said...

hah - knock on wood, I'm ok! It was just a quick dip and I wrapped myself up in warm clothes immediately after.

Jon said...

Way to go! Looked like a lot of (REALLY cold) fun!

Erin said...

awesome experience and for an awesome cause! brrrrrrrr!