Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Burn, baby burn

Boston was fantastic - my apologies for the lack of blogging yesterday... there was too much fun being had. Breakfast and a good business talk with Joe. A walk around my old campus. It's amazing how much has changed in the few years I've been gone. Super high tech and artsy interiors dominate, beautiful lounges... and everyone has a laptop and blackberry. I didn't have either until I started a business. Joe and I reminisced about how he was a bit of a weirdo for carrying his laptop around with him everywhere. We didn't do that. We took notes in notebooks and then went home to huge desktop systems and typed up whatever needed to be done. Wireless was still a far-away idea and blackberries were only for wall street types.

The city itself was as wonderful as I remember. Terrible, aggressive drivers and all :)

I hopped in the car around 12 and headed to the South End to meet Hannah (aka "the Machine") England for lunch. Hannah is coached by Dede Griesbauer (sp?) and is an amazing athlete herself. She raced Kona last year and we trained in Spain together this past winter.

We had a blast catching up, talking tri - even spotted Dede cruising by our cute lunch spot. Hannah was great for my motivation. I hope bad-ass-ness rubs off! I'm praying I find feet like hers in Florida.

After a long lunch, it was time to go to see my Luna - Lu and visit Sean and Jen. They were more generous than mother theresa and took care of Lu for the past month.

I took a nice detour on the way there and spent 3 hours paying for my mistake, made it to the house as Sean pulled in, so I think that means I was on time! It was dark, cold and rainy, but I knew Sean is never one to pass up an adventure (and he's on his off season so he's bouncing off the walls with energy) so we took a night-time hike with the doggies. It was awesome and the perfect way to get my head straight after hours in the car.

Sean and Jen are two of the most genuine people I know. That is such an American expression, but I digress. They are kind because that is their nature. We chatted about vacations and trips in the past and planned new ones. It seems Jen and I were duped by John and Sean... they are adventurers and Jen and I are relaxers - on vacation that is. Jen - I'm ready for the beach when you are!

Tomorrow morning I see Juancito for some make-my-bike-faster fun. Will post pics then!

No comments: