Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's 3 AM, I must be lonely (or jet lagged)

Still fighting off this cold, but I'm hoping I can bake it out of myself. Kona is like no other place I've been to - it could be related to the inordinate number of fit bodies...usually when you go to the beach, there is maybe one or two fit people. Here, everyone is ripped. It is cool and inspiring. At dinner on friday night I got to sit in on an interview with Mark Allan (well, maybe more eavesdropping!). Natasha Badmann is upstairs and gives a big greeting every time I see her - such a good role model. She's tough, she has proven herself as the world's best over and over and yet she still smiles and greets strangers like me.

Walking on Alii drive, I replay moments from the ironman tv broadcast - this is where desiree made her move, this is where natasha threw up, pulled herself together and ran to a win. I ate dinner tonight at a place above the pier and what will be the finish line. When I close my eyes I try to visualize the 'perfect' race and that day ends with crossing that incredible finish line. I want to earn my lei (esp since they don't give them to you off the plane - argh!) And I want to make you all proud.

Thank you all so much for your well-wishes ... At hard points in the race, I replay encouragement and you have all given me a huge arsenal of positive energy. Much love and many thanks.

More pics to come as soon as I find internet!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing! You have one week to take in the rays, and beat that cold. Can't wait to see more pictures! Soak in the entire experience to get you through the cold NY winter!

Anonymous said...

That above is from me! Hi from Kate Monster! Marcia

MandyB said...

YAY! Miss you guys - We'll just have to get you and mister M to qualify and get down here!!!!