Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Construction-Disruption

Sorry for the blogging hiatus, y'all! It's always funny to me when people say "it's the busy season" because every season is the busy season! I do have to admit, this year went by incredibly fast!

The past few nights have seen very little sleep - partly due to stress, but partly due to my neighbor who is putting in a new driveway. The tree guys arrived at 6:30 the other morning and were bull-dozing trees behind my house. Yup - right of way means you can kill things for convenience.

I started thinking back to just a few years ago - when I was in college, I didn't even shower and get ready to go out until 10PM. Now, a few nights of going to bed at midnight and I'm burnt toast. When did that happen? When did high schoolers start carrying around blackberries and Iphones? All of this got me thinking about milestones. At 24, I pretty much have 1 birthday milestone coming up, but after that - is 30 as exciting as making it to 16, 18, 21?

With all of that, I decided to start making more milestones. Ironmans count. Time with friends counts. Pillow talk counts. Hopefully, with the help of this self-indulgent medium, I'll be able to keep track of these mini-milestones a bit better.

Doing 2-3 workouts a day in my first 2 weeks back in training is a major milestone! Never done that before and I'm hoping that starting off right will lead to big dividends later on.

No comments: