Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pedal On

I headed into the city yesterday afternoon after dropping Luna off for some quality time with her Grandparents. Steph was nice enough to put me up for the night and we went out for a girl-talk filled dinner w/ super athlete, Anna Banana.

While the service was bad, the extra time that the waiter spent hiding was great for extra story telling!

This morning, the alarm went off and Steph and I prepared for a ride with the girl's team. A few of the guys joined us as we headed up Riverside Drive en-route to Nyack and some cycling drill-playing.

First off, I love these girls - we are a diverse group of women (well, the men are diverse too) from all over the world and all over New York. It is so much fun spending time w/ these chicks on and off the bike and I was psyched we could all coordinate schedules for a fun outing.

The goal today was to get comfy riding w/ one another and to do some drills. Mercifully, drills are not particularly taxing as I've been on my bike maybe 3 times since Ironman. Out in Nyack we stopped for coffee and bathrooms with running water. Then it was time to head back into the big city to complete what ended up being a 4 hour ride (granted, some of that was tooling around the field to stay warm during drills).

My voice is hoarse from laughing and chatting against the wind - but today was an awesome day - a fun experience and as someone noted, I'm happier than I've been in a long time and it shows on my face. Could it be that this is a recovery week??!!

No comments: