Sunday, December 21, 2008

SNOW!!!!

The first real snow has fallen and I can't think of a better way to welcome Winter (officially starting today!). There is a foot on the ground and it's still falling. The snow started early Friday and hasn't stopped yet.

Friday night, dress up clothes were swapped for winter gear as the Cannondale holiday party morphed into sled-run, mountain bike, anything-you-can-ride-down-the-hill fest! Great times were had by all and the next morning, after breakfast, I peered into the too-quiet living room to see Joey and Bill taking a nap.

Since I as of yet do not own a cross bike, my 3 hour base ride was out of the question, so I emailed with Coach E-Rock and we came up with some winter weather alternatives. I brought my cross county skis with me, but that was a no go, so Sam, Joey and I strapped on snowshoes and went out for about a 3 hour mountainous trek. I didn't think it would be a workout, but I was definitely wrong on that front.

It was a blasts and I'll have to get pictures from the boys to post here. It was beautiful - the woods were silent, except for the sound of the snowfall.

Once home, there was just enough time for a sled run before getting ready for dinner.

Another cozy morning later and I'm back home for a bit. Tonight is the 1st night of Chanukah, so we'll brave the weather again to join the fam for the festival of lights.

Happy Holidays and Happy Winter Solstice everyone!!

1 comment:

Ski Dad said...

Can't you use a trainer? I realize its amazingly boring but in my case its the only alternative :(