Friday, December 19, 2008

Parties and other fun

It's a fun week and weekend here in Mandy-land! Tonight is the Cannondale holiday party, so last night I helped the boys decorate the house and hang mistletoe EVERYWHERE! YAY!

Training is going awesomely well - I'm just finishing up week 3 of training. I promised Eric I would commit myself completely to his training - he's been a saint and put up with my endless questions. After 2 weeks of getting back into the swing of things, I thought I was geared for a recovery week. Mind you, the recovery week I used to take were 1 workout a day, less than an hour and a full day off. Eric emailed me my plan for this week on Monday morning and as I looked it over, there were still 2 workouts a day plus core and plyometrics. I emailed him immediately : "E, I think I'm supposed to be on a recovery week". As calmly and patiently as ever, E explained to me that he wanted to keep up this fitness momentum, that I'm supposed to do these workouts, stay consistent, but keep everything "guilty easy".

Well, yesterday, I emailed Eric to tell him that my workouts have been going great, I've been sleeping a lot and I'm coming around, despite doing multiple workouts a day. He said it's all about the appropriate level of exertion and he was right.

Yup, I thought I trusted him before, but now I'm an even bigger believer.

Ok, off for a run and swim!

Stay warm everyone!!

No comments: