Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Shock and Awe

"Grab hold of her feet before she floats of the floor. Before she floats out that door. You want to put her in your pocket." The White Stripes

I emailed coach E-Rock last night... I am to contact him every day - yup, pretty much the coolest thing ever for a hyper-active chatterbox that loves talking tri! On Sunday night Eric sent me my training plan for the week. "Consistency is key this week", he said - yup, got it. I always seem to forget how out of touch my mind is with my body during the off season. My brain says "yes, you can run 18 miles at a 7:02 pace" but my body can barely shuffle thru a 40 minute easy run. "Tune out" He said.

In all honesty, I wasn't sure I'd get in any of the workouts E gave me, but I did as he said, tuned out and just suffered thru. Here we are on day 3. It's been a busy day of moving furniture from storage and getting the house in order - Can't wait for the grand unveiling!
So tonight I got my bike all set up in front of the TV (SO much good tv tivo'd) - I ride for about 30 seconds and my derailer(sp?) cracked clear in half. Yup. Mandy goes boom - thankfully into the plush new (to me) living room set!

So today's workout was fouled up, but I'll get to the shop in the AM and get in a good ride and swim tomorrow and continue with the training plan I'm calling "shock and awe". 50 x 50 - can't wait! Consistency - it's amazing how much we take for granted when we're fit... I know how bad I feel 5 lbs overweight - I can't imagine carrying around any more than that... it makes something challenging that much more so. Then again, I don't do this stuff because it's easy - I do it because I love the challenge, I love to push, I love to shock and awe (sometimes at Texas Hold 'Em).

Rock on y'all!

1 comment:

Erin said...

does you being in training mean we can't have our girl's night? ;) we still need to make that happen, even if only in danbury...we could opt for the classy side vs. the slooooty side, haha! ;) keep up the good / hard work!