Saturday, February 7, 2009

"I ride my bicycle to ride my bicycle."

Well, it's almost 5 o'clock here, despite it being about 11 AM back home. Get out of bed, already, will ya?!

This morning began with a nice group run - Aubs and I kept it easy and chatted for 5k while the boys did a more intense 10k loop. Was SO nice having company for my run this AM and when we got back, breakfast was waiting for us. Andy had loaded up the bikes and we were set for an earlier than usual departure. We made our way to beautiful Villanueva de la Concepcion (sorry, can't put accent marks on this computer - argh) - Village of the Conception.

Because Dikran was arriving this afternoon, I opted for a solo ride so I could meet him at the airport. I had a lovely time and stopped to take a few pictures. And I stopped due to a traffic jam - one involving goats.

It was a lovely ride and I got off my bike wanting more and feeling fresh - exactly what Eric ordered.

Tomorrow is a big ride - with the main focus being a traverse of Zaffaraya. A large climb that I did a few years back on accident (I dropped my water bottle and took a wrong turn) - oops! IN any event, it will be fun to relive this route and be sure I'm going the right way! Somehow, years ago, I guessed right and made it home. Long story for another post.

In the meantime, the campers, though jetlagged, are in good spirits and I think everyone will only get stronger as the camp goes on.

Keep on riding!

No comments: