Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Make New Friends, but Keep the Old...."

I love people. Simple as that. My family learned early on that though I may only take 30 seconds to use a bathroom, I may be in there for 30 minutes chit chatting with someone about a haircut, celebrity gossip or their recent medical trauma.

Talking is by far my favorite hobby. During races, I always try to find someone that will chat and chat and chat. Ask one question and they talk for 1/2 an hour. That's probably why I love Matt Cappiello (of Cannondale) so much - he can be running a 5 min. mile and still chew your ear off (in a good way of course).

One of my favorite parts about these training camps is that I get to meet and catch up with new people. We always have varied groups - opposing political views, varied financial and life backgrounds, etc.

The last camp was great and today, riding w/ the new group, I got to chat up friends both old and new. Hearing stories and advice from a completely different point of view. It was fantastic and eye-opening.

Today's ride was gorgeous and despite keeping my heart rate low, I cut nearly 2 minutes off my Puerta del Sol time trial record! Woot!

After getting home, Ken (we call him MMA here for his background in MMA fighting and boxing) and I went out for a short transition run and then abs/yoga.

Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your post interesting to read. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hope you will also visit my new social networking site intended for making new friends online I'm expecting you there!