Friday, February 20, 2009

Tired Pony

Goodness, sometimes I really think I should just get Twitter and send you all updates during the day. Big day again here - the Pico climb for group 2. I had strict directions again this time to "stay controlled" - with a distinctly low HR cap. This HR cap can be hard to keep when 1. I have a strong desire to be competitive and have to shut that off - "Race with ego, but train with none".
2. The climb averages about 15% and goes up to almost 27% in one part (according to Dr. Richard's crazy bike technology).

It was another epic day and one to remember for all. Records were broken (not by me) and on the car ride home we all napped. I headed out for a nice transition run before a massage tonight. Will have to post pictures of my favorite run route thru olive groves - usually better done earlier in the day. I went out at dusk and almost had a close encounter w/ a wild boar - made me miss my Luna-Lu (Great Danes were bred for Boar Hunting!).

A more exciting and hopefully picture-filled post will be on its way.

Until tomorrow!

No comments: